It's All Fun + Games Until Santa Checks the Naughty List: your holiday drink guide
Happy holidays everyone!
I've been described as a little "extra" when it comes to any and all holidays. I plan Halloween costumes in February and start thinking about Christmas gifts in September. There's just a little something special about celebrations in my book, so I'm always looking for ways to make everything just a bit more Christmasy this time of year and my drink selection is no exception. The options are endless from adding Bailey's to your hot cocoa while you watch Hallmark movies to making a sugar cookie martini for a festive party, there's no shortage of ideas to infuse a little Christmas cheer this year.
Here's some of my personal favorite recipes for this holiday season:1.) Salted Caramel S'mores Hot Chocolate
8 ounces milk
8 ounces heavy cream
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped Rolos
1/4 tsp sea salt
optional: Bailey's Original Irish Cream
crushed graham cracker
mini marshmallows (a few or a whole bag, we won't judge!)
a pinch of sea salt
1. Warm the milk and dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently. When the chocolate is melted, whisk in the cream and Rolos. As you mix, add in salt and whisk until creamy.
2. Rub marshmallow in the rim of mugs to make sticky and dip into your crushed graham cracker until it sticks. Add your cocoa mixture and Baileys to your mugs.
3. Pile the mini marshmallows on top and place mugs on a cookie sheet in the oven on top rack on broil. Watch it, because the marshmallows will roast quickly!
4. Once marshmallows are roasted, top with a garnish of chocolate syrup, graham cracker crumbles and a sprinkle of sea salt.
5. Curl up with a good movie and enjoy!
2.) White Chocolate Peppermintini
4 oz Godiva white chocolate liquor
2.5 oz vanilla vodka
1.5 oz peppermint schnapps
red sugar sprinkles
small candy cane
1. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway full with crushed ice
2. Pour in all the liquor ingredients and shake until well mixed
3. Spread red sugar sprinkles around on large plate
4. Wet the rim of a martini glass with water, then tip the martini glass rim into the sprinkles and spin the glass to coat the rim.
5. Drizzle a small amount of chocolate syrup in a spiral design inside the glass.
6. Pour contents of shaker into glass.
7. Place candy cane in the edge of the glass for an extra festive touch and enjoy!
3.) Happy Hour Hot Fudge Milkshake
your favorite ice cream flavor
whole milk (we're really indulging here okay?)
a shot of bourbon
dark chocolate hot fudge sauce
sprinkles and chocolate shavings (because youre worth it)
a candy cane
1. combine all your ingredients in a blender and blend until it's thick and smooth
2. Pour your hot fudge into the bottom of your glass.
3. Fill the rest of your glass with your milkshake
4. Toss some whipped cream on top, add your sprinkles, chocolate shavings, cherry and candy cane and ENJOY!
4.) Sugar Cookie Martini
6 oz vodka
3 oz butterscotch schnapps
3 oz whole milk
1. Place sprinkles on a small plate and wet the rims of your martini glasses and swirl them in the sprinkles to coat the rim.
2. Pour vodka, butterscotch schnapps, and milk into a shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
3. Pour mixture from shaker into your sprinkle rimmed glasses and enjoy!